Mobile TechnicianRef R-82045 Location Newcastle-under-Lyme, England
Join Assurant, one of the leading providers in lifestyle & automotive protection in Europe, as a Mobile Technician.
Under moderate supervision the Mobile Technician will inspect, refurbish, test, troubleshoot and program electronic equipment. Attention to detail and mechanical aptitude is required.
We’re looking for an experienced Mobile Technician to join our team.
You’ll be responsible for the following;
- Conduct root case failure analysis and troubleshooting on suspected defective devices
- Performs electromechanical assembly using hand and electric tools
- Performs component level and board repairs
- Identify and report root cause deficiencies
- Identify and report routine process deficiencies
- Test, repair and program devices
- Perform soldering and desoldering using handheld soldering and hot air equipment
- Work with care and urgency in order to meet production goals
- Participate in continuous improvement and team building activities
- Refer to and follow Standard Operating Procedures to perform the job duties
- Use a computer to enter data into the company database
- Physically move material as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal person to join us will hold the following requirements:
- Knowledgeable in analog, digital and RF disciplines
- High School diploma or GED required
- Demonstrated proficiency with soldering and de-soldering
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to read and understand schematics
- Previous experience of data entry
- Experience of handling multiple priorities
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong stakeholder engagemen
- Ability to maintain a minimum 2.0 device per hour when repairing/refurbishing devices
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to use a personal computer and enter data
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of company personnel
Joining our award-winning team gives you the opportunity to progress and be rewarded, as well as enjoying a fantastic benefits package.
At Assurant, we’re passionate about our people. After all, it’s our dynamic and successful team that allows us to provide lifestyle insurance solutions that bring our customers peace of mind, protecting what’s important to them. We’re proud to say we keep life running smoothly for over 300 million consumers; we’re also the UK’s largest provider of mobile device protection. Partnering with 9 of the top 20 best global brands, we are market leaders with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
If you’re ready for a challenge and to become part of delivering our brilliant services, apply today.
Assurant have been awarded the Silver standard by Investors In People and have received recognition by Business In The Community for Workplace Gender Equality.
The United Kingdom
Assurant’s European head office in Crewe is home to over 900 employees.Find out more
Aix-en-Provence – Assurant Parc Cezanne: 380 Ave d’Archimede, Aix-en-provence, 13100, FranceFind out more
Assurant’s Italian headquarters is situated in front of the Cadorna railway station, with a convenient journey to Malpensa airport.Find out more
Assurant's office in Spain is located in Pozuelo de Alarcón, a charming city close to Madrid with easy transport links by train, car and bus (from Moncloa or Aluche).Find out more
Assurant’s German headquarters is located in the burgeoning business area of Lyiner Quartier in Frankfurt.Find out more
Located in the South East of Amsterdam, Assurant’s Netherlands office is convenient to public transport; just a 5-minute walk from the bus, train and Holendrecht Metro station.Find out more
Meet Our People
There is a reason that I am still loving life at Assurant after 15 years, thanks to the fast pace and constant support it always feels like you are learning. I have come to see those I work with as good friends and there is a real family vibe to the environment. Its definitely challenging at times but everyone contributes to making it a fun and rewarding environment no matter what role you are in.Joanna Marsh Operations Manager
Working at Assurant is fast-paced, fun and challenging. No two work days are ever the same.Miranda Cooke Strategic Business Development Executive
Working at Assurant in the Amsterdam office is working in a diverse and international environment where I am challenged everyday to develop myself and my professional skills.Marcel Kröpfl Senior Customer Service Associate