Senior Oracle Databse EngineerRef R-89047 Location Crewe, England
Remote Working Opportunities Available
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients and customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. As a result of continued growth Assurant has chosen the UK to host a follow the sun support team for our global infrastructure. The team will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers. The team will be an extension of the USA global support team but located in the UK.
We are recruiting for a Senior Oracle Engineer to join the Global ICS team. Reporting to the Global Director of Infrastructure and Products you will design, install/configure, operate, and maintain systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. This may include directing work of less senior engineers. You will help establish strategy and adoption of new technologies in a single domain. Provide engineering design and support for multi-tenant platforms in a single domain including hardware, software, automation, and monitoring.
Other responsibilities include;
- Ensure the global stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems and infrastructure that support departments, and to conduct/lead research on latest technologies for practical application to business problems and strategic plans.
- Demonstrate advanced application of technical skills and interpersonal competencies
- Provide direct global technical leadership and support for all requirements in developing strategy, planning, coordination, scripting, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to our distributed computing environment. This includes managing several small to medium-scale projects and tasks of several complexities across the enterprise.
- Provide direct technical support for all requirements in the planning, coordination, scripting, and implementation of upgrades or changes to our Oracle database footprint.
- Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring, tuning, and prediction.
- Provide high-level support Oracle databases, ensuring proper change management procedures and methodologies are followed.
You will have the following skills;
- 5 or more years experience installing and supporting Oracle databases (versions 11g, 12c, 19c)
- 3 or more years experience managing IaaS and PaaS in Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of Oracle database internals (locking, partitioning, security, Data Guard, cloning)
- Proficient in PL-SQL or related declarative language
- Required technology exposure;
- Oracle 11g
- Oracle 12c
- Oracle 19c
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
The United Kingdom
Assurant’s European head office in Crewe is home to over 900 employees.Find out more
Aix-en-Provence – Assurant Parc Cezanne: 380 Ave d’Archimede, Aix-en-provence, 13100, FranceFind out more
Assurant’s Italian headquarters is situated in front of the Cadorna railway station, with a convenient journey to Malpensa airport.Find out more
Assurant's office in Spain is located in Pozuelo de Alarcón, a charming city close to Madrid with easy transport links by train, car and bus (from Moncloa or Aluche).Find out more
Assurant’s German headquarters is located in the burgeoning business area of Lyiner Quartier in Frankfurt.Find out more
Located in the South East of Amsterdam, Assurant’s Netherlands office is convenient to public transport; just a 5-minute walk from the bus, train and Holendrecht Metro station.Find out more
Meet Our People
There is a reason that I am still loving life at Assurant after 15 years, thanks to the fast pace and constant support it always feels like you are learning. I have come to see those I work with as good friends and there is a real family vibe to the environment. Its definitely challenging at times but everyone contributes to making it a fun and rewarding environment no matter what role you are in.Joanna Marsh Operations Manager
Working at Assurant is fast-paced, fun and challenging. No two work days are ever the same.Miranda Cooke Strategic Business Development Executive
Working at Assurant in the Amsterdam office is working in a diverse and international environment where I am challenged everyday to develop myself and my professional skills.Marcel Kröpfl Senior Customer Service Associate