Senior Director of Tax, EURef R-83908 Location Crewe, England
Join Assurant, one of the leading providers in Lifestyle & Automotive protection in Europe, as a Senior Director of Tax, Europe.
We’re looking for an experienced Tax Director to join our European Tax team.
The individual will lead the Assurant group’s global indirect tax function and the direct tax function throughout Europe. They will apply technical and organizational knowledge to optimize the financial reporting and compliance processes while ensuring compliance with all applicable tax laws.
They will also perform tasks related to GAAP and local/regional STAT financial reporting, direct and indirect tax compliance and controversy, tax planning strategies for mergers & acquisitions, supply chain and special projects for Europe.
The role will be responsible for but not limited to;
- Handling all tax aspects of Brexit which includes reviewing client deals to determine the transfer pricing impact of transferring businesses.
- Lead contact for vetting all other income tax and indirect tax consequences of Brexit.
- Serves as an advisor to the business to ensure all pertinent tax data is considered in the structure.
- In coordination with the VP of Tax, determines the global impact of Brexit.
- Review new and existing client deals to ensure proper tax compliance, risk management, and legal entity efficiency.
- Steering Committee: Leads internal reporting for Global Indirect Tax functions.
- Reviews the Solvency II quarterly and annual reporting from a tax perspective for the purposes of UK regulatory filings
Alongside these key criteria, candidates will bring a combination of the following professional skills/experiences and personal characteristics:
- Qualified to degree level
- Experience of operating at director level or similar
- Income Tax experience
- Experience within the Insurance/Financial Services/Telecoms sector
- Experience within the Big 4 industry
- Strong Knowledge & understanding of Solvency II
- Technical expert with experience of dealing with global tax queries
- Experience of dealing with Income tax in the Netherlands & Europe (preferred but not essential)
If you wish to receive a copy of the job description please do not hesitate to contact the recruiter.
At Assurant, we’re passionate about our people. After all, it’s our dynamic and successful team that allows us to provide lifestyle insurance solutions that bring our customers peace of mind, protecting what’s important to them. We’re proud to say we keep life running smoothly for over 300 million consumers; we’re also the UK’s largest provider of mobile device protection. Partnering with 9 of the top 20 best global brands, we are market leaders with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
If you’re ready for a challenge and to become part of delivering our brilliant services, apply today.
Assurant has been awarded the Silver standard by Investors In People and has received recognition by Business In The Community for Workplace Gender Equality.
The United Kingdom
Assurant’s European head office in Crewe is home to over 900 employees.Find out more
Aix-en-Provence – Assurant Parc Cezanne: 380 Ave d’Archimede, Aix-en-provence, 13100, FranceFind out more
Assurant’s Italian headquarters is situated in front of the Cadorna railway station, with a convenient journey to Malpensa airport.Find out more
Assurant's office in Spain is located in Pozuelo de Alarcón, a charming city close to Madrid with easy transport links by train, car and bus (from Moncloa or Aluche).Find out more
Assurant’s German headquarters is located in the burgeoning business area of Lyiner Quartier in Frankfurt.Find out more
Located in the South East of Amsterdam, Assurant’s Netherlands office is convenient to public transport; just a 5-minute walk from the bus, train and Holendrecht Metro station.Find out more
Meet Our People
There is a reason that I am still loving life at Assurant after 15 years, thanks to the fast pace and constant support it always feels like you are learning. I have come to see those I work with as good friends and there is a real family vibe to the environment. Its definitely challenging at times but everyone contributes to making it a fun and rewarding environment no matter what role you are in.Joanna Marsh Operations Manager
Working at Assurant is fast-paced, fun and challenging. No two work days are ever the same.Miranda Cooke Strategic Business Development Executive
Working at Assurant in the Amsterdam office is working in a diverse and international environment where I am challenged everyday to develop myself and my professional skills.Marcel Kröpfl Senior Customer Service Associate