Head Of ProcurementRef R-84156 Location Crewe, England
Join Assurant, one of the leading providers in Lifestyle & Automotive protection in Europe, as a Head of Procurement, Europe
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Procurement to join our Global Procurement team. The ideal candidate will ensure that Assurant achieves best value from its Third Party spend on goods and services.
This is achieved by using best practice sourcing techniques to select suppliers, mitigate risk, negotiate contracts and manage supplier relationships.
To support the business and key stakeholders by understanding their requirements and providing a seamless process that matches their needs.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to;
- Identify and deliver financial and operational efficiencies through existing or new third parties across the business.
- Ensure appropriate selection and due diligence processes are employed in the adoption of third parties to provide goods and services to the business, cognisant of all relevant risks involved in the provision of the goods and services by a third party.
- Own and manage the outsourcing policy and associated procurement processes.
- Oversee supplier management activity across the business to ensure effective delivery of goods and services by third parties and act as the conscience of the business and/or an escalation point where performance failures occur.
- Work closely with legal to ensure that comprehensive contracts are drafted and signed with third parties appropriately.
Alongside these key criteria, candidates will bring a combination of the following professional skills/experiences and personal characteristics:
Professional Characteristics, Skills and Experiences
- Level 5 or Level 6 MCIPS Qualified
- Extensive experience of working within a Procurement role
- Experience of end to end Procurement management
- Experience of working within a matrix environment
- Detailed knowledge of EU and UK procurement legislation, supplier and contract management.
- Strong working knowledge of procurement processes including but not limited to the Financial Services & Insurance Sector
- High level of programme management skills
- Extensive expertise, having operated at a strategic level with a strong track record of success in delivering financial savings
- Excellent communication and influencing skills including negotiating and contracting
- Planning and Project Management Skills
- Experience of sourcing and contract management of corporate categories such as IT, HR, Legal Services
If you wish to receive a copy of the candidate brief & job description please do not hesitate to contact the recruiter.
At Assurant, we’re passionate about our people. After all, it’s our dynamic and successful team that allows us to provide lifestyle insurance solutions that bring our customers peace of mind, protecting what’s important to them. We’re proud to say we keep life running smoothly for over 300 million consumers; we’re also the UK’s largest provider of mobile device protection. Partnering with 9 of the top 20 best global brands, we are market leaders with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
If you’re ready for a challenge and to become part of delivering our brilliant services, apply today.
Assurant has been awarded the Silver standard by Investors In People and has received recognition by Business In The Community for Workplace Gender Equality. We are committed to ensuring there is a representative balance of individuals across the organisation with a wide range of skills, knowledge, experience, backgrounds and other personal attributes.
The United Kingdom
Assurant’s European head office in Crewe is home to over 900 employees.Find out more
Aix-en-Provence – Assurant Parc Cezanne: 380 Ave d’Archimede, Aix-en-provence, 13100, FranceFind out more
Assurant’s Italian headquarters is situated in front of the Cadorna railway station, with a convenient journey to Malpensa airport.Find out more
Assurant's office in Spain is located in Pozuelo de Alarcón, a charming city close to Madrid with easy transport links by train, car and bus (from Moncloa or Aluche).Find out more
Assurant’s German headquarters is located in the burgeoning business area of Lyiner Quartier in Frankfurt.Find out more
Located in the South East of Amsterdam, Assurant’s Netherlands office is convenient to public transport; just a 5-minute walk from the bus, train and Holendrecht Metro station.Find out more
Meet Our People
There is a reason that I am still loving life at Assurant after 15 years, thanks to the fast pace and constant support it always feels like you are learning. I have come to see those I work with as good friends and there is a real family vibe to the environment. Its definitely challenging at times but everyone contributes to making it a fun and rewarding environment no matter what role you are in.Joanna Marsh Operations Manager
Working at Assurant is fast-paced, fun and challenging. No two work days are ever the same.Miranda Cooke Strategic Business Development Executive
Working at Assurant in the Amsterdam office is working in a diverse and international environment where I am challenged everyday to develop myself and my professional skills.Marcel Kröpfl Senior Customer Service Associate