FP&A Business PartnerRef R-86361 Location Crewe, England
FP&A Business Partner
European Head Office, Crewe
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big finance opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. An innovative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to make sure small problems don’t become big issues.
Our continued significant year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. As part of our finance transformation, following the merger of Assurant and The Warranty Group in May 2018, we need a range of entrepreneurial finance professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies that will excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. The investment we are making in automating our processes, including the use of AI now needs to be complimented by our investment in finance people with a questioning mind-set and a restless curiosity. Based in our European HQ in Crewe, every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customer base.
You’ll be working with a team of very like-minded colleagues, you’ll be a decision maker and problem solver. And with access to senior leaders, your career opportunities will grow as you do. Most importantly you’ll be at the start of an ambitious growth period for Assurant across our European businesses. You might be part of a smaller business looking to step-up to the next level. Or, you might be part of a large organisation, but are looking for the next challenge. Whatever your background, this opportunity will help build all our futures.
This role will be responsible for supporting key business stakeholders on the development of robust financial plans, initiatives and business strategies. Through building understanding, insightful analytics, impactful commentary and presentations of the business they will drive business performance. By understanding in depth, the business performance, the role will also act as a control point.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Establish strong trusted partnering relationships with business stakeholders to ensure current and future business performance understood by product, client, geography and distribution etc. Provide deep insights on operational & financial performance, identifying and supporting development of improvement initiatives
- present findings to the business to improve management decisions
- Provide key support to business on delivery of key initiatives within the financial plan
- Provide ad-hoc support to finance and other business requests
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders
- Influence, shape and execute solutions to realize key goals
- Effectively uses all resources to ensure optimization of delivery
- Engages positively with stakeholders
- Supports drivers for change and takes ownership of change activity ensuring implementation is timely, to quality within budget and risks are mitigated.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and expertise;
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA or MBA qualified
- Experience within Financial control / reporting, commercial, strategy / planning and analysis
- Worked in top tier organizations in either Financial Services, Software, or Technology
- Understanding of insurance accounting, capital modelling, analytical tools and software
- Capable and looking to develop to a senior management level role
- Has developed and delivered new analytical solutions to a business and changed business performance / improved control / efficiency etc.
To review the full list of responsibilities and requirements, please download the job description which can be found on our career’s website
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be. And from flexible working to healthcare support, from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big finance opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today
The United Kingdom
Assurant’s European head office in Crewe is home to over 900 employees.Find out more
Aix-en-Provence – Assurant Parc Cezanne: 380 Ave d’Archimede, Aix-en-provence, 13100, FranceFind out more
Assurant’s Italian headquarters is situated in front of the Cadorna railway station, with a convenient journey to Malpensa airport.Find out more
Assurant's office in Spain is located in Pozuelo de Alarcón, a charming city close to Madrid with easy transport links by train, car and bus (from Moncloa or Aluche).Find out more
Assurant’s German headquarters is located in the burgeoning business area of Lyiner Quartier in Frankfurt.Find out more
Located in the South East of Amsterdam, Assurant’s Netherlands office is convenient to public transport; just a 5-minute walk from the bus, train and Holendrecht Metro station.Find out more
Meet Our People
There is a reason that I am still loving life at Assurant after 15 years, thanks to the fast pace and constant support it always feels like you are learning. I have come to see those I work with as good friends and there is a real family vibe to the environment. Its definitely challenging at times but everyone contributes to making it a fun and rewarding environment no matter what role you are in.Joanna Marsh Operations Manager
Working at Assurant is fast-paced, fun and challenging. No two work days are ever the same.Miranda Cooke Strategic Business Development Executive
Working at Assurant in the Amsterdam office is working in a diverse and international environment where I am challenged everyday to develop myself and my professional skills.Marcel Kröpfl Senior Customer Service Associate