Office Co-ordinator & Junior Customer Service Associate - Dutch speakerRef R-87151 Location Amsterdam, North Holland
Office Co-ordinator & Junior Customer Service Associate, Amsterdam (Dutch speaker)
7 month fixed term contract with a view to a permanent contract
Assurant is one of the leading providers of automotive warranty and mobile device protection in Europe and serves over 11 million customers. Its businesses develop, underwrite, market and administer specialty insurance including mobile phone insurance, gadget insurance and extended service contracts through collaborative relationships with mobile network operators, dealerships, retail banks, electronic goods and household appliance manufacturers and retailers. As a partner, we provide solutions which assist our corporate clients to support their customer engagement, growth and loyalty aspirations.
Assurant Inc. (AIZ) is a Fortune 500 company, listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Its 15,000 employees serve over 300 million customers globally. Assurant supports diversity in the workplace and is a strong believer of the strategic value of inclusion.
This role is divided between 2 responsibilities; The Office Co-ordinator part of the role is to lead all the general administration for the running and maintenance of the Amsterdam office. The purpose of the Junior Customer Service Associate part of the role is to be the first point of contact with our customers, providing a complete service to our customers which primarily is call taking but does include policy administrating, data upload and claims assessing of moderate complexity in line with the company’s standards.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
Junior Customer Service role:
- Maintains contact with customers and intermediaries in relation to questions about premium or policies. Carries out surveys in relation to customer satisfaction. Answers telephone calls -1st line- providing services to customers.
- Mailing setup; ensures that the customer get informed about their renewal
- Data upload including error correction
- Archives documents. Processes policies, requests and cancellations.
- Keeping up-to-date with TWG product knowledge. Supports actions in relation to introduction of new programs. Broad knowledge of companies’ products. Processes all administration regarding claim handling. Communicate information in a responsible, effective and timely manner (both verbal and written).
- Responsible for planning and maintaining functions at the Amsterdam office including, but not limited to: office supplies, stock keeping, reception service, mail delivery.
- Managing meeting bookings; schedule rooms, arranging meetings, organise lunches, meet & greet guests, arranging travel
- Assisting with events and engagement activities,
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees. Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and expertise;
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong administration skills, preferably 1-2 years experience within Administration
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Ability to multi-task, assess priorities and competently handle a variety of activities with a high-degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities
- Negotiating skills
- Proficient in English language- verbal and in writing
- Proficiency in Dutch is essential
- Intermediate level Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Running and making reports for business intelligence
- Be able to work under pressure
- MBO level
- Knowledge of General Insurance
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be. And from flexible working to training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about our opportunities within Operations, apply today!
The United Kingdom
Assurant’s European head office in Crewe is home to over 900 employees.Find out more
Aix-en-Provence – Assurant Parc Cezanne: 380 Ave d’Archimede, Aix-en-provence, 13100, FranceFind out more
Assurant’s Italian headquarters is situated in front of the Cadorna railway station, with a convenient journey to Malpensa airport.Find out more
Assurant's office in Spain is located in Pozuelo de Alarcón, a charming city close to Madrid with easy transport links by train, car and bus (from Moncloa or Aluche).Find out more
Assurant’s German headquarters is located in the burgeoning business area of Lyiner Quartier in Frankfurt.Find out more
Located in the South East of Amsterdam, Assurant’s Netherlands office is convenient to public transport; just a 5-minute walk from the bus, train and Holendrecht Metro station.Find out more
Meet Our People
There is a reason that I am still loving life at Assurant after 15 years, thanks to the fast pace and constant support it always feels like you are learning. I have come to see those I work with as good friends and there is a real family vibe to the environment. Its definitely challenging at times but everyone contributes to making it a fun and rewarding environment no matter what role you are in.Joanna Marsh Operations Manager
Working at Assurant is fast-paced, fun and challenging. No two work days are ever the same.Miranda Cooke Strategic Business Development Executive
Working at Assurant in the Amsterdam office is working in a diverse and international environment where I am challenged everyday to develop myself and my professional skills.Marcel Kröpfl Senior Customer Service Associate