European Tax Manager, NetherlandsRef R-86622 Location Amsterdam, North Holland
Assurant, is one of the leading providers of automotive warranty and mobile device protection in Europe, serves over 11 million European customers. Its businesses develop, underwrite, market and administer specialty insurance including mobile phone insurance, gadget insurance and extended service contracts through collaborative relationships with mobile network operators, dealerships, retail banks, electronic goods and household appliance manufacturers and retailers.
As a partner we provide solutions which assist our corporate clients to support their customer engagement, growth and loyalty aspirations.
This role will be part of the European tax team function, which reports into the global tax department. Based in the Netherlands, this role will be responsible for various tax compliance matters in Europe and not limited to just Dutch taxes. The purpose of the job will be to support the Senior Tax Director based in the UK on any European tax matters required.
- Preparation and filing of Dutch corporate income tax returns
- Preparation of tax disclosures for Dutch legal entity financial statements
- Preparation and filing of Dutch VAT and IPT returns
- Preparation of US GAAP quarterly reporting (current and deferred tax calculations) for Europe
- Forecasting permanent differences for US tax accounting
- Preparation of 5471 tax packs for US tax returns
- Liaise with US tax, European finance teams and other internal stakeholders and external tax advisers, auditors and tax authorities as required
- Work with external advisers to review, monitor and file other European (non-Dutch/non-UK) corporate income tax, VAT and IPT returns
- Preparation of tax payment forecasting and liaison with treasury with regard to tax payments due
- Preparation and filing of intrastat and EC sales lists
- Work with finance colleagues to reconcile IPT and VAT control accounts
- Keep abreast of tax changes across Europe, provide advice on and implement these within the business
- Assist with any European tax audits including audits by Dutch tax authorities
- Support the Senior European Tax Director by providing Dutch tax advice on any business restructurings or transactions including Brexit, transfer pricing, new business deals, M&A, etc.
- Deal with ad hoc tax queries from the finance team and other parts of the business
Qualifications: Qualified accountant, tax adviser or lawyer. Will consider qualified by experience and/or trained with Dutch tax authorities.
Previous experience: At least 3-5 years minimum experience in working in Dutch tax (either in practice or in industry). Experience working in the insurance industry is preferred but not essential.
Knowledge and skills: Dutch corporate income tax and indirect tax knowledge (specifically VAT) required.
- A high level of numeracy,
- Good verbal and written communication
- Restless curiosity - Inquisitive and challenging to drive business performance
- Good with Microsoft Excel
- Has track record of delivery and career development
- Understands stakeholder management
- Ability to prioritise and manage through successful deliveries
- Confident, ambitious and driven
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader
Assurant is a fast paced organisation that has large growth plans. This role will not only provide you with excellent career progression but will let you be part of the success story
The United Kingdom
Assurant’s European head office in Crewe is home to over 900 employees.Find out more
Aix-en-Provence – Assurant Parc Cezanne: 380 Ave d’Archimede, Aix-en-provence, 13100, FranceFind out more
Assurant’s Italian headquarters is situated in front of the Cadorna railway station, with a convenient journey to Malpensa airport.Find out more
Assurant's office in Spain is located in Pozuelo de Alarcón, a charming city close to Madrid with easy transport links by train, car and bus (from Moncloa or Aluche).Find out more
Assurant’s German headquarters is located in the burgeoning business area of Lyiner Quartier in Frankfurt.Find out more
Located in the South East of Amsterdam, Assurant’s Netherlands office is convenient to public transport; just a 5-minute walk from the bus, train and Holendrecht Metro station.Find out more
Meet Our People
There is a reason that I am still loving life at Assurant after 15 years, thanks to the fast pace and constant support it always feels like you are learning. I have come to see those I work with as good friends and there is a real family vibe to the environment. Its definitely challenging at times but everyone contributes to making it a fun and rewarding environment no matter what role you are in.Joanna Marsh Operations Manager
Working at Assurant is fast-paced, fun and challenging. No two work days are ever the same.Miranda Cooke Strategic Business Development Executive
Working at Assurant in the Amsterdam office is working in a diverse and international environment where I am challenged everyday to develop myself and my professional skills.Marcel Kröpfl Senior Customer Service Associate