Actuarial ManagerRef R-89603 Location Amsterdam, North Holland
One of the biggest businesses you've probably never heard of has some very big finance opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. An innovative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it's automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to make sure small problems don't become big issues.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients & customers.
At Assurant, diversity helps us drive innovation in the global marketplace, and we are strong believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued significant year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies that will excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Based in our Amsterdam office, every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customer base.
You'll work with a team of very like-minded colleagues and with access to senior leaders, your career opportunities will grow as you do. Most importantly you'll be at the start of a growth period for Assurant across our European businesses. You might be part of a smaller business looking to step-up to the next level. Or, you might be part of a large organisation, but are looking for the next challenge. Whatever your background, this opportunity will help build all our futures.
To lead actuarial aspects of solvency 2 reporting for the Assurant Dutch businesses and will oversee capital modelling for the UK business.
Role responsibilities include:
- Lead on 1st line technical provisions and SCR for the Dutch businesses
- Lead on claim reserving for Assurant Dutch business with dotted lines from UK reserving analysts
- Lead on 1st line model validation across all Assurant Europe businesses
- Provide oversight to UK capital modelling group
- Working with Dutch CFO through 1st line actuarial function
- An impactful effect on growth and capital efficiency by using technical provision/SCR models and validation for Assurant Europe new legal entities/start ups
- Manage a small team across Europe
- University educated Dutch Actuary (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in interaction with DNB
- Experience in the insurance industry
- People Management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft packages & Actuarial Software
- Experience of Capital modelling techniques specifically in General Insurance (igloo experience is advantageous)
- Experience of Reserve modelling software and techniques (eg ResQ)
- Experience of working with multiple departments, ideally incorporating IT development
- Ability to analyze and present actuarial information (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint etc.)
To review the full list of responsibilities and requirements, please download the job description
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be. And from flexible working to healthcare support, from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about our opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
The United Kingdom
Assurant’s European head office in Crewe is home to over 900 employees.Find out more
Aix-en-Provence – Assurant Parc Cezanne: 380 Ave d’Archimede, Aix-en-provence, 13100, FranceFind out more
Assurant’s Italian headquarters is situated in front of the Cadorna railway station, with a convenient journey to Malpensa airport.Find out more
Assurant's office in Spain is located in Pozuelo de Alarcón, a charming city close to Madrid with easy transport links by train, car and bus (from Moncloa or Aluche).Find out more
Assurant’s German headquarters is located in the burgeoning business area of Lyiner Quartier in Frankfurt.Find out more
Located in the South East of Amsterdam, Assurant’s Netherlands office is convenient to public transport; just a 5-minute walk from the bus, train and Holendrecht Metro station.Find out more
Meet Our People
There is a reason that I am still loving life at Assurant after 15 years, thanks to the fast pace and constant support it always feels like you are learning. I have come to see those I work with as good friends and there is a real family vibe to the environment. Its definitely challenging at times but everyone contributes to making it a fun and rewarding environment no matter what role you are in.Joanna Marsh Operations Manager
Working at Assurant is fast-paced, fun and challenging. No two work days are ever the same.Miranda Cooke Strategic Business Development Executive
Working at Assurant in the Amsterdam office is working in a diverse and international environment where I am challenged everyday to develop myself and my professional skills.Marcel Kröpfl Senior Customer Service Associate